What should I expect during this partnership?
Do we take health insurance?
What are the office hours?
Will my medical insurance pay for lab testing?
- True Health diagnostics for functional labs
- Spectracell for micronutrient testing
- Immuno Labs for food sensitivity
- Diagnos techs for functional analysis of stools
- Diagnos techs for salivary hormone testing
- Cyrex labs for detailed food analysis and antibody analysis
Why do I need a wellness team and a program?
Will Dr. Chellam be my primary care physician?
If I have an emergency or need to be seen after-hours, what should I do?
Can I release my prior records to Dr. Chellam for review?
Can I consult with Dr.Chellam if I live outside of Michigan?
What does being board certified in Integrative and holistic Medicine mean?
Integrative medicine is comprehensive medicine that takes account of the whole person (body, mind, spirit and environment), it is a true partnership as the patient becomes an involved and active partner in their own healing process.
- The principles of integrative medicine:
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease, including mind, spirit and community as well as body
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically or any dogmatic process.
- Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms
- Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
- Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease